[Javascript] server-side js

Manuel Socarras Reyes msocarras at terra.es
Sun Dec 23 17:20:39 CST 2001

FERON Matthieu wrote:

> If you've got an IIS web server, you can use ASP-VBScript to handle
> your text file server side.

yes, but my students know JS and not VBScript

> I think that javascript server side is only Netscape server hability.
> What compiler ? JS is interpreted(parsed) language and not a binary
> one.

JS Client-side is interpreted but, AFAIK, for JS Server-side you need a
compiler to convert your code into bytecode executable files that later
will be executed a JavaScript runtime engine; i.e., similar to Java.
--
Saludos,

Manuel Socarrás Reyes <msocarras at terra.es>
Barcelona. Spain