[Javascript] Remote Scripting

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Wed Jun 27 09:49:45 CDT 2001

    I don't know if it works cross-browser, but you can change the mouse
icon in IE with CSS like this:

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
.link {
 Cursor:text;
 }
</STYLE>

    This of course only works when your mouse is over the element.

    Have you considered showing/hiding an element that indicates progress?

    Whatever you figure out, I'd be curious to hear; remote scripting is a
cool idea, but they've made it frightfully hard to use.  If only we could
use IE for everything (they have a built-in object for that)...