[Javascript] Positioning within a select box

Strom, Esther Esther.Strom at marchFIRST.com
Tue Mar 20 15:59:32 CST 2001

Mark,

You can make English the one that displays by adding "SELECTED" to the
option tag. If your select size is 1, English will be displayed, then when
the user clicks the arrow, they'll see it in the proper order. If your size
is more than 1 (multiple items seen at once) then English will be
highlighted, but not necessarily at the top of the list.

Is this what you were trying to do?

Esther

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Christie [mailto:MChristie at avsgroup.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 3:53 PM
To: javascript at LaTech.edu
Subject: [Javascript] Positioning within a select box

Greetings, list...

I have a list of about 30 or so languages to choose from in a select box,
from Arabic to Thai.  Since the list is alphabetized, when the page pops up,
Arabic is the top selection.  What I want to do is position the display such
that English, the 9th language in the list, is the top selection.  How can I
do this?

Regards,
   -Mark C.