[Javascript] ADMIN: RE: Highly OT but all should read this

David Merchant merchant at LATECH.EDU
Fri Mar 23 12:06:59 CST 2001

At 11:27 AM 3/23/01 -0600, you wrote:
>OK, I read the message, and while I admit it's appalling, why are you asking
>the JS list to read it?

My sentiments as well.  Please, this is not the place for office or
governmental politics, nor as a forum for any non-Javascript philosophical,
ethical, moral, religious, cultural, social or economic debates /
discussions.  If I allow one, I would have to allow all and the list would
no longer be of help to it's intended and target audience.  I know
sometimes when some important to ourselves issue has us riled up, that it
is hard to not go off-topic on a list (been there myself!) but please
refrain and find an appropriate list or forum to express any non-JavaScript
issues (and thus keep the signal-to-noise ratio for the list a good one).

Please, post no more responses to the "Highly OT but all should read this"
email.

TTFN,
David Merchant
Head, Systems Dept, Louisiana Tech University
merchant at latech.edu
JavaScript List Administrator (www.mountaindragon.com/javascript/)
Webmaster, HTML Encyclopedia (www.mountaindragon.com/html/)
Memorial Day Page: (www.usmemorialday.org/)