[Javascript] Writing to Document after a function is executed.

Reuben D Budiardja reubendb at goshen.edu
Sat Mar 24 21:19:05 CST 2001

Hello,
I just joined the list. I'm a newbie in using Javascript as scripting
language. So far I have been using a server side scripting language, so, my
frame of thinking is a bit different, and I'm still kinda confused when
using client side language such as javascript.

I have the following question.
I want to write to the document, after some function is executed. In
that function, I want to manipulate the string I want to write. So,
basically can I do something like this:

<SCRIPT>
functing bla()
{
var colors = new Arrays("Yellow", "blue", "red");
}
<SCRIPT>

<FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="Text" onChange="bla();">
</FORM>

<SCRIPT>
document.writeIn(colors[0])
</SCRIPT>

This always give me an undefined error. Any help on this will be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Reuben D. Budiardja