[Javascript] HELP: USING AN IMAGE FOR THE SUBMIT BUTTON ON A .JS FORM

Steven Pesant spesant at direct.ca
Thu Mar 29 23:56:44 CST 2001

Hi there,

Hopefully someone out here can provide a little assistance.  I've built a
<FORM> that makes use of Javascript.  Rather than just using a default
SUBMIT button, I need to make use of an IMAGE for the submit button.

When I use a default SUBMIT button everything works perfectly, but as soon
as I change to an IMAGE for the SUBMIT button, the coordinates of where the
user clicks on the image are added to the URL and it fails.

My submit code looks like:

<input type="image" onClick="PickURL()" src="images/searchbutton.gif">

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

-= Cheers =-
	Steve