[Javascript] Invoking executable from javascript by passing arguments.

Pankaja pankajab at sysarris.soft.net
Sat Nov 3 00:40:47 CST 2001

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how to invoke an executable or application by
passing arguments from javascript. This should be similar to invoking an
application by passing arguments in the command prompt.
Ex:
Textpad.exe testFile.txt

I wrote a file to test the above command but it didn't work. I'm able to
open the textpad.exe without passing argument. But, again some security
alerts are displayed, which i don't want to happen. Has any one come across
this situation.

Thanks in advance,
Pankaja