[Javascript] window.print() problems on Mac

Ben Curtis Quixote at LaMancha.org
Fri Oct 19 17:07:35 CDT 2001

> Does NS on the Mac
> reload a document after it's printed, thereby forcing this particular
> function into an endless loop?

Exactly. Sort of. In order to print to paper what you see on the screen, I
believe (from my own tests) that Mac NN will re-render the page in new
dimensions -- including re-running javascript in case portions of the page
come from document.write commands. So the page first renders and triggers an
onload, and then the page renders again for printing -- triggering the
onload.

--
+Ben Curtis

    Descartes walks into a bar. "The usual?" he's asked.
    "I think not!" and he promptly vanishes.