[Javascript] Clear history onload=

Golden Troll gtroll at msn.com
Tue Apr 2 15:44:50 CST 2002

 From another list:
I think this will work for you:

<script language="JavaScript1.2"><!--
history.back('yourURL');
//--></script>

Courtesy of irt.org
http://developer.irt.org/script/902.htm
Peace and Respects,
Scott Gahres
Owner
Golden Troll four20 Ventures hemp at goldentroll.com
http://goldentroll.com

-----Original Message-----
From: javascript-admin at LaTech.edu [mailto:javascript-admin at LaTech.edu]On
Behalf Of Mark.Drozd at walgreens.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 12:48 PM
To: javascript at LaTech.edu
Subject: [Javascript] Clear history onload=

Does anyone have a function  that will clear the history so a user
cannot
use the back button to "go back" or use the address drop down (tool bar)
select a URL where a previous user was?

I have an application where new users share a computer. These new users
should not be able to go back to (or view) where a previous user was. I
would like the first screen of my application to clear the history to
null
each time that first page loaded.

All of my users will be using IE 5.0. All of our browswers are set to
reload a new page each time and not cache.

Thanks!