[Javascript] Javascript Compatibility Chart

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 1 05:21:31 CDT 2002

>Does anyone know where I can find a Javascript compatibility chart?

There is no such thing, at least, not a really good one. The reason is that
there are just too bloody many JavaScript compatibility problems. I try to
keep track of a lot of them on my own site (http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/).

  I want
>to know what browsers support what objects, properties and methods.
>I am testing my site in Opera 6.01 and I am finding the following:
>
>If I set
>          document.forms["frmProfile"].txtStep1.options[ 01 ].selected =
>true;
>then
>             alert( document.forms["frmProfile"].txtStep1.options[ 01
>].selected );
>gives me false.
>
>Any ideas?  Does Opera not support the .selected property to be settable?
>I am finding the same thing with the .checked property?  Please help!

Opera should support this. See
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?transfer.html for a script that sets
the selected property in Opera 6.\

ppk