[Javascript] Problem with IE downloading using top.location

SoitPP at aol.com SoitPP at aol.com
Sat Aug 10 10:37:43 CDT 2002

Hi All,
  I just wrote a new website for my music online. I've got it scripted so
that when you click a button it edits the top.location so that it goes
directly to an mp3 file.
  This isn't working out quite as I planned. When the user clicks on it the
download window does not appear unless you first click away to another
application and back to IE again or if you hit the ALT key. Is there a better
way to set this up so that it won't cause this problem? Such as perhaps some
type of ftp function?

 Sincerely,
         Aaron S