[Javascript] Detecting that a page is accessible

Fernando, Robert Robert.Fernando at anitetelecoms.com
Tue Aug 13 08:22:14 CDT 2002

Hi all,

Is it possible in JavaScript to detect a page / server not being accessible.

I am, aiming to do this so that I can redirect user to either my webserver
if active and connected to the internet or to a free WebPages server, which
mirrors my webserver.
In other words a failure and redirect script.

thanks

Robert Fernando
Personal views not  necessarily those of
Anite Telecoms Ltd, Registered in England No. 1721900  Registered Office:
100 Longwater Avenue, GreenPark, Reading, Berkshire RG2 6GP, United Kingdom