[Javascript] Please help with a window closing problme

Roland Dong rdong at cait.org
Sun Aug 18 12:32:30 CDT 2002

Thanks for your reply.

Basically,  I have a login page, a popup page and a menu page. When a user
logins,  a small window will pop up with a announcement(popup page).  If the
user clicks the "continue" button inside the popup window, the popup window
will close and a new page--menu page--will open.

Since the login page is a jsp. That is why it goes blank
if user click the "cross" to close the window instead of the "continue"
button.

I am wondering how I could code that action, mouse clicking the cross to
close window, with javascript so that if a mouse clicking on the cross is
detected, the popup window should close and a new page should open.

Thanks again for your reply.

Roland