[Javascript] Disabled property for input

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Mon Aug 19 11:39:25 CDT 2002

Craig,

    You only have the disabled option in Internet Explorer.  A slightly more
universal solution (works for Netscape, anyway) is to change the background
color style attribute and use the onFocus() event handler to set
window.focus() (or focus on whatever else you like to get emphasis off the
input field).

-Peter