[Javascript] RE: function not defined only in Netscape 6

Harry Love hlove at u.washington.edu
Mon Aug 19 12:31:32 CDT 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: javascript-admin at LaTech.edu [mailto:javascript-admin at LaTech.edu]
On Behalf Of Miss Amy
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 10:15 AM
To: javascript at LaTech.edu
Subject: [Javascript] RE: function not defined only in Netscape 6

You can see the script in action at this link.  If you view it with
IE or NN4, it works perfectly.  But if you view it with NN6, nothing.

http://faculty1.coloradocollege.edu/~apacheco/math/Faculty/welcome.html

Amy,
For the NN6 portion of your script, try changing d.getElementByName to
d.getElementById("yourID") and replace each
name="FacImage"/name="FacInfo" to id="FacImage"/id="FacInfo."

I'm not an expert, but I think d.getElementByName can be used in IE5
only, and therefore, should be avoided.  Better to use ID since it is a
valid DOM method.

Regards,
Harry