[Javascript] Menu4 from WebFX -- snafu with implementation

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Wed Aug 28 12:11:09 CDT 2002

    Well, I found a great solution to my popup menu problem; the guys at
WebFX have already built a complete solution ( see
http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/dhtmlmenu4/menu4.html ) .  I've been
experimenting with it, and I don't mind telling you it works pretty darn
well.

    I now have a problem, though; my prototype menu looks fine, but when I
put all the relevant code into one of the already-existing ASP.NET pages,
the menu doesn't display!  There were errors at first, but they've all been
corrected; now I just get nothing when I try to render.

    The menu bar style's display property is set to inline-block; does
anybody know if this might have anything to do with it?  I can post the
code, but it's kind of long, so I was wondering if anyone had any initial
thoughts.  There are lots of absolutely positioned DIV tags on the page, as
well as some <asp:listbox> objects and an ActiveX control (Farpoint Spread).
Any and all ideas are welcome.

Cheers,

Peter