[Javascript] Split

Peter Brunone peter_brunone at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 11:08:50 CST 2002

But he wants to split based on \, not on /.
txt.split("\\") escapes the second \ character, just as
txt.split("\"") escapes the " character so you can split on it... not that you would, but there it is.
As for working in different browsers... ah, that's the joy of web development.
-Peter
 Carl Adler <carl at carladler.org> wrote:Actually var t=txt.split("\")
> |works for me using Netscape 4.7 and IE 5.1 on the Mac and IE 5.5 on Windows
ME. If "\" was a problem I think that you would use "\/" not "//"
Carl