[Javascript] weird JavaScript problem in IE6

Dan geckoz at today.com.au
Thu Dec 12 17:53:33 CST 2002

I have worked out the cause of my problem.

The problem was this:

This code works, in both IE5.5 and IE6, and NN7,
window.open('showreport.asp?url='+pageurl,"Report","HEIGHT=250,WIDTH=390,left=

300,top=250"),

But this only works in IE5.5,
window.open('http://myserver:81/reports/showreport.asp?url='+pageurl,"Report","HEIGHT=250,WIDTH=390,left=

300,top=250"),

The problem that I have to resolve now is how to
set the path in window.open to the document to be
opened.

What approach can I use so that the document
showreport.asp can be referenced from anywhere in
the directory structure, since I now cannot use
http://myserver:81/ etc. ?

Dan.