[Javascript] problems with mailto tag

Esarapu_Suresh Esarapu_Suresh at ctp.satyam.com
Wed Jan 2 04:42:22 CST 2002

Hi,
 I have written a function that walk through the database and grap all lists
of users to be shown on the 'To:' line on a default email client (outlook)
when a user click a 'send email' button on the web page. The function works
perfectly under Window 2000 with Outlook 2000. But when I tested it   with
Outlook 97 or microsoft Exchange server , the lists of users are cut off
half way or completely

my coding part includes:
<form method=POST
action="mailto:esarapu_suresh at ctp.satyam.com?&CC=a at a.com&Subject=testing&bod
y=" enctype="text/plain">
I am using MAILTO tag:  I am sending the email ids in To , CC and Subject
field using the mail to tag. Coz, mail to tag is not accepting more than 256
charecters, i have send the mail on Form submission action ="post". which do
not open the outlook but the mail will be sent to the recipients. becaus the
out look is not opened, i created an interface so that the  user can make
necessary changes before sending the  mail (on thi sinterface i gave the
form submision). It worked out perfectly with outlook2000.
But with outlook 97, the interface i designed and also the  outlook is
opened and neither of it is populating the data.The  same error i found out
when i run the same program on the machine where outlook is not configured .

can you suggest me with a solution?
Thanks a lot!!

Regds

Suresh.E