[Javascript] Forcing user to login using Windows authentication

Kevin Looby kevinl at lvmetals.com
Mon Jan 28 16:20:34 CST 2002

   When my IIS was running with Windows authentication, users are prompted with a popup login window when they first
attempt to get a screen from the server.  After the server logs in, the server keeps the user's name linked with the
browser session. Because our server generates a report that needs to be accessible to anonymous clients we've had to
disable Windows authentication.  I'd like to activate Windows user authentication on demand to identify a user that
accesses the system.  Sure, we could run IIS on two PCs but our current hardware (ISDN router) doesn't support this.
   Any suggestions?