Odp: [Javascript] Open local programs from a Web page?

grzegorz.stasica at delphiauto.com grzegorz.stasica at delphiauto.com
Wed Jan 30 02:02:28 CST 2002

Hi

As much as I remember it's not possible to do that due to security reason of
Netscape or IE

Rgs.Greg

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          "McCoy, Thomas"        |
|        |          <TMccoy at city.newport-be|
|        |          ach.ca.us>             |
|        |                                 |
|        |          2002-01-29 22:44       |
|        |          Odpowiedz do javascript|
|        |                                 |
  |       Do:     javascript at LaTech.edu                                        |
  |       DW:     (UDW: Grzegorz Stasica/pl/delphiauto)                        |
  |       Temat:  [Javascript] Open local programs from a Web page?            |

Hello!  I've been lurking for a while as I learn JS :)

Is it possible to open a local program (such as MS Word on the C: drive)
from a Web page?  I tried creating a shortcut and opening that, but I always
get the "Save to disk or open here" prompt.... I know what to do at that
prompt, but another person may not.  Any ideas on how to do this?  Can
JavaScript handle this?  Thanks for your help!