[Javascript] Trapping "File not Found"

Stern,Matthew matthew.stern at bestsoftware.com
Tue Jul 23 17:49:16 CDT 2002

Hello,

I'm using JavaScript to create an HTML page that is the startup screen for
installation. The challenge is that the programs that can be launched from
this screen might be on two CDs. I'd like to find a way to trap the "File
not Found" error and show an alert that instructs the user to insert the
correct CD. (If there is a better way to do this, please let me know.) Note
that I'm not expecting the CD to be a specific drive letter. It could even
be a path on a network. Thanks in advance for your help.

Matthew Stern
Principal Technical Writer
Best Software
 <mailto:matthew.stern at bestsoftware.com> matthew.stern at bestsoftware.com
http://www.matthewarnoldstern.com <http://www.matthewarnoldstern.com/>

The opinions expressed here are solely my own.