[Javascript] multiple ifs on one line syntax

Ziggy ziggy at winks.com
Thu Jun 6 08:57:27 CDT 2002

Andrew,

And --  > &&
Or --  > ||   (the pipe symbol)

Cheers,

Kim

-----Original Message-----
From: javascript-admin at LaTech.edu [mailto:javascript-admin at LaTech.edu]
On Behalf Of Andrew Peterson
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2002 9:48 AM
To: javascript at LaTech.edu
Subject: [Javascript] multiple ifs on one line syntax

Hi,

I left my O'Reilly Javascript book at home (DOH!) and am having trouble
with the syntax for two IF statements on one line using either AND or OR
to separate them. The following statement using AND generates an error:

if(form.TransType.options[form.TransType.selectedIndex].value == 'S')
and
(form.RecipientAgency.value=='P')   {

similarly, when I try using OR like the following example, the same
problem
occurs:

if(form.TransType.options[form.TransType.selectedIndex].value == 'R') OR
(form.TransType.options[form.TransType.selectedIndex].value == 'S') {

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew