[Javascript] Flash, DHTML, IE6

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 18 01:56:52 CDT 2002

>I have a dhtml menu (floating menu) that works fine cross-browser, except
>on
>pages with Flash embedded. There it does not work for IE6 - it can
>apparently not read the line
>
>if (ie4) {object1.style.pixelTop=document.body.scrollTop+offsettop}

That's because you use a doctype which switches IE6 into compatibility mode.
In that mode you need to read out document.documentElement.scrollTop

Solutions:

1) Remove the doctype
2) Put <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> before the doctype. This
is perfectly standards compliant but switches the IE6 mode off again.

ppk