[Javascript] Override browser disabling Javascript

Peter Brunone peter_brunone at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 21 14:04:48 CDT 2002

 Ranjit,
    Your best option is probably to create a page or DHTML element that tells the user to enable JavaScript.  Then, if it's already enabled, you can change or turn off your notice with Javascript... but if the user has disabled scripting, your message will show.
Regards,
Peter
  Ranjit Babu <d0153019 at ncb.ernet.in> wrote:
Hi all..

I'm working on some code where it's imperative that my Javascript code
runs. But.. it is possible to disable Javascripts on webpages through
settings in the Security-->Custm settings dialog box in IE.
How do I work around this?
Can I do any one or both of the following..
- Identify on load whether the browser has Javascript disabled so I can
alert the user
- Enable Javascript on the browser automatically(programatically)
..?

Thanx in advance for any answers..

-Ranjit