[Javascript] Re: Javascript digest, Vol 1 #568 - 10 msgs

Roger Roelofs rer at datacompusa.com
Tue Mar 5 10:47:42 CST 2002

David,

I've seen sites that use server-side scripts to give this kind of
feedback in a separate window.  I tried several alternatives on our
site, but ended up going back to using a barberpole animated gif.  The
other javascripted solutions I tried kept trashing the browser's
built-in progress thermometer which most of my users were looking to for
progress info.

On Tuesday, March 5, 2002, at 11:32  AM, David Yee
<dyee at AMSResponse.com> wrote:

> Subject: [Javascript] Upload progress bar
>
> Hi all.  I would like to build a file uploading front-end using <form
> enctype=multipart/form-data method=post....>.  Is it possible to use
> Javascript to give the progress of the upload?  If the file is large
> then
> the user might stop the upload (thinking that the page has frozen, etc)
> without knowing the progress.  Thanks in advance.
>
> David

Roger,

Roger Roelofs                          Phone 616 574-0480 x246
Datacomp Appraisal Services            Fax   616 574-0486
3215 Eaglecrest Drive, NE  Suite 100   email rer at datacompusa.com
Grand Rapids, MI  49525-4593           web   www.datacompusa.com