[Javascript] array elements question

Rochester, Dean Dean.Rochester at ProMedica.org
Wed Mar 20 09:03:31 CST 2002

I have a form that has tabs, so it is actually 5 forms in one.  I want to
check the values of the form elements of the current form before the
contents of the next tab are presented.  I have tried making an array of
elements of the current forms elements, but it did not like that

if(lelemClass == "demo"){
        var lelements = new Array();
        lelements[0] = "Patient_First_Name";
        lelements[1] = "Patient_Last_Name";
        lelements[2] = "Sex";
        lelements[3] = "Patient_DOB";
        lelements[4] = "SSN";
        lelements[5] = "Local_Area_Code";
        lelements[6] = "Local_Number";
        lelements[7] = "Work_Area_Code";
        lelements[8] = "Work_Number";
    }

    if(lelemClass == "nok"){
        var lelements = new Array();
        lelements[0] = "PrimaryNOK_Area_Code";
        lelements[1] = "PrimaryNOK_Local_Number";
        lelements[2] = "Emergency_First_Name";
        lelements[3] = "Emergency_Area_Code";
        lelements[4] = "Emergency_Local_Number";

did not like the next line...
strEdit = document.mainform.lelements[intLoop].getAttribute('edit');

how can I do this?

Thanks in advance
Dean-O