[Javascript] How can search engines see a js include for navigation?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri Mar 22 16:04:02 CST 2002

"josh at urbicon.com" wrote:

> Next question: can a user agent follow the links within navigation code placed in an SSI?

Yes, because the inclusion is done on the server - the page looks
like any other non-dynamic page to the client (user agent).

> I'm not so familiar with SSI. Resources on implementing this if
> it does in fact work?

If you're running on Apache, visit apache.org for comprehensive
docs, which also include a link to this getting-started intro:

<http://apachetoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2000-06-12-001-01-PS>

If you're running iPlanet or some other server, see the appropriate
vendor docs for setup instructions.

HTH, and good luck!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --