[Javascript] Retrieving cookies and redirecting to another page

Phillip Morgan pmorgan at qpbd999.quickpages.net.au
Thu May 2 11:25:33 CDT 2002

Hi,

I would like to grab part of a URL and write it to a cookie. Then go to
another page.

Eg. the incoming url might be http://www.yourdomain.com/12345678

I want to grab the 12345678 and write that to a cookie, then I want to
redirect the client to the main index.html page (equivelant of
http://www.yourdomain.com).

Or would the javascript to do this have to be on the index.html page,
and the call the new page be to (eg), index2.html?

I then want to read the cookie back later on a web page with a form and
place the value (12345678), into a formfield called 'referrer'

How would I do all this? There are no frames involved.

--
Phillip