[Javascript] formName?

Steve extstarrfam at cox-internet.com
Thu May 2 20:18:59 CDT 2002

I am using IE 5.5 version 4.  I am having a hard time
working my way down throught the form objects.  To
discover the reason why, I have tried to get the form
name.  I have used the formName property and some other
useless code to get what the browser thinks the name of
the form is.  Here is the form tag information (<form
id="choices" name="choices">).  Here is some of what I
have tried:

var Pname = window.parent.name; //worked
var Wname = window.name; // worked
var Fname = window.document.formName; and  var Fname =
window.form (with and without .name); and var Fname =
window.document.forms[0];

I am try to work my way down the objects path one
object at a time.  Does any one have an idea?