[Javascript] Table Cell Q in NN4

Piet van der Kamp piet at vanderkamp.nl
Tue May 7 11:09:49 CDT 2002

Do you mean something like this:

http://www.kongkoan.org/

HTH
Piet

>From: "Walter Torres" <walter at torres.ws>
>To: <javascript at LaTech.edu>
>Subject: RE: [Javascript] Table Cell Q in NN4
>Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 11:19:22 -0500
>
>This in not a FORM.
>
>I am not using FOrm Objects in this context.
>
>All I'm trying to do is make a dynamiclly generated
>TAB-like nav bar.
>
>  - I create a single row table
>  - Place a 12 x 6 pixel image (it looks ike a corner cut
> out of a
>    rectangle
>  - Text is placed in the same cell as image (one cell per
> img/text)
>  - Then I fill the background with a color.
>    Since the image is mostly transparent it look slike
> the corner cut
>    out of the tab with text on top of the color.
>    The STYLES have a padding-right of 4 pixles, this
> makes TAB look
>    proper proportions regardless of the length of Text in
> the Cell.
>
>Out TAB nav row changes from time to time and I really
>didn't want to create
>images for all Titles.
>
>The only way I could get this to work was to make the text
>LINKS. It works,
>but not really like I would like.
>
>But, beggers can't be choosers.
>
>Thanks for your advise.
>
>Walter

P.J.T. van der Kamp, tel: +31 70 355 10 48
piet at vanderkamp.nl    ~~~
http://www.cepis.org/ ~~~  http://www.ec-pop.org
-----
The opinions expressed are those of the author and do
not represent the position of any organisation.
If you have received this electronic transmission in error,
dear reader, please notify me by telephone or by electronic
mail immediately. Thanks in advance.