[Javascript] no subject "calling a function on another page"

Steve extstarrfam at cox-internet.com
Mon May 20 14:45:22 CDT 2002

This is a duplicate of what I sent directly to the
original subject sender.
You need to remember that different browser will
responsed in a different manure to this code.  It works
as is in IE 5.5 but NS 6.2 needs some help to open the
function.
<BODY
onLoad="open('DisplayWindowInfo.htm').displayInformatio
n(this.document)">
<FRAMESET COLS="28%, *" FRAMESPACING="0"
onLoad="open('Display Window
Info.htm').displayInformation(this.document)">

I had to use this in the page "Display Window Info.htm"
in order to access the function on the same page.
if (navigator.appName.toLowerCase( )=='netscape')
displayInformation( );

function displayInformation(document) {
 anObject=window.opener.document;
 var the_appName = navigator.appName.toLowerCase( );
 var winInfo="";
 var docInfo="";
 var objInfo="";
 var formCount = window.opener.document.forms.length;

I hope that this is of some help.