[Javascript] Http header to issue a location.replace

JOSE ADRIANO BALTIERI JABALTIE at iep-cen.unimep.br
Wed May 22 09:50:31 CDT 2002

On 21 May 02 at 12:32, peter at brunone.com wrote:

> Jose,
>
>     You can't use server-side script to submit a form.  What you CAN do if you
> want the form not to be submitted twice, is have a user-specific value kept
> in a session variable or cookie that says the form has already been
> submitted; that way, you can still POST and avoid processing the information
> twice even if the user re-submits.
>     Is this helpful,

Mr Brunone :

   First of all, thanks for you help !

   I understand what you said. As a matter of fact, it is a possibility we
consider already.

   But, if there were such a http header field, that would be easier. Then,
we could "govern" this behaviour from server side, where you are closer to
your database. By making the answer fall over the form itself, user would
never be able to submit the form again cause, there would be no form there
anymore.

   Anyway, let's keep on listening to the list. Maybe someone else has a
better idea.

   Again, thank you !