[Javascript] Table Cells' Attributes: colspan and class

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Mon May 27 18:13:56 CDT 2002

Scott,

    1.  The attribute you want is colSpan (note the capital "S").
    2.  When scripting, this attribute is called className.

    Neither of these is part of the style collection, but rather directly
subordinate to the object.

    Additionally, you may find it useful to know that you can assign
multiple classes to an element (IE 5+) at design time with the following
syntax:

<ELEMENT CLASS = sClass [ sClass2 [ sClass3 ... ] ] ... >

Cheers,

Peter