[Javascript] html in html display

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Sat Nov 2 23:28:28 CST 2002

	The simplest, most crude way would be to split your page up into several
frames, and just put the document into one particular frame.

	If you're using Internet Explorer 4.0 and greater, you can use an iframe...
or -- still in IE -- if the page is being served from the local machine
(instead of a remote web server), you can use client scripting to access the
FileSystemObject and document.write it.

	If these do not apply, then you'll need to use a server-side scripting
engine (CGI/PERL, ASP, PHP, Cold Fusion, or something) to open up the file
and insert it into the page before sending it to the browser.

	In short, you're probably not going to get this to work the way you want
with just client-side JavaScript.  If you let us know what kind of server
you have, we can tell you which server-side languages you might use, but
that is not really the subject of this list.

Regards,

Peter