[Javascript] Automatic Unique Form Numbering

Natalia Olive natalia at natuscape.com
Tue Nov 26 09:30:45 CST 2002

Hi James,

I have done a similar thing using very "primitive" tools which did
not include JS. I created a form that generates an incremental
number (to identify the document) using ASP code combined with an
MS Access database in which I'd created a query. Basically I tell
the query to look for the highest number in that field, then add 1
to that number and use that new number in the form. If you want to
see a messy example with lots of FrontPage 2002 unsolicited code
in the middle, let me know and I'll post it.

Hope this helps!

Natalia