[Javascript] Re: Best browser for Linux

Cutter (javascript list) javascript at theblades-family.com
Wed Oct 2 08:36:56 CDT 2002

Pietro,

Unfortunately, layers is strictly a feature of Netscape, and an outdated and
non-compliant one at that (version 4.x and down). I find that the best
browser for the Linux platform is Mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org), which is
an open source project from which Netscape originally stemmed from (the
Mozilla group has definately surpassed NS). It is very compliant with
current W3C standards, so DHTML, JS, CSS should work fairly well. Flash
support is a whole other ball of wax as there is no support for Mozilla
(Flash 5 support for Netscape is available on Linux, but I wouldn't use NS
on any OS in any recent incarnation).

Cutter