[Javascript] Passing a value with an image submit button

Nancy Burton-Vulovic nancybv at idirect.ca
Mon Oct 7 09:59:50 CDT 2002

use the Name field, rather than the value field.

<input type="submit" value="Please Click Here" name="valueToBePassed">
<input type="image" src="images/submit.jpg" value="Submit" alt="Submit" name="valueToBePassed">

What you will get, because it's an image, is valueToBePassed.x=number and valueToBePassed.y=number, but you can parse for the existence of valueToBePassed.