[Javascript] Background color in <DIV> in Netscape 4.7x

Reuben D. Budiardja reubendb at innovativethought.com
Fri Oct 18 09:37:52 CDT 2002

On Friday October 18 2002 04:35 am, Muchacho, Laurent (TWIi London) wrote:
> Hi Reuben
>
> The only thing you need to do for putting a background-color to a div in
> NS4 is:
>
> <DIV STYLE="background-color:blue;layer-background-color:blue">
>
> but I don't recommend you to use inline style with NS4 too much (buggy)
>
> if you like to use an image on the background as
>
> <DIV STYLE="background-image:
> url(images/yourimage.gif);layer-background-image:
> url(images/yourimage.gif);">
>
> use the same layer in front and this will work fine
>
> Laurent

Thanks a lot, this is what I need.

Another quick question, if I put this in CSS:
A:hover {background: #003366; text-decoration: none; display:block}
the layer changes size and put an extra space under the link I am hovering on
(I belive hover only works for IE > 5 and NS > 6 or Mozilla > 1.0.0).

Why does this happen? You can look here:
http://arcturus.phys.utk.edu/webdevel/js_menu/menuparser2.php

Thanks a lot.
Reuben D. Budiardja