[Javascript] onMouseOver event handler on <DIV> in NS4

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 10:09:38 CDT 2002

>Does anyone know if NS4 support onMouseOver event handler for <DIV>, eg:
>Eg, something like this does not work in NS4, while it works in NS6/7 a,d
>IE.
>
><DIV ID='test' onMouseOver="alert('test');">
>
>If NS4 does not support it, is there any known tricks / workaround?

You must make it a layer by giving it position: absolute (or maybe relative
works, too). I don't think the HTML syntax is going to work here, though, I
think you should do

document.layers['test'].document.onmouseover = function () {alert('test')}

See www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?events_tradmod.html for this way of
event registration.

All in all making this work in NN4 is a pretty difficult job, though it
shouldn't be impossible.

ppk