[Javascript] Reloading "parent" window...

Peter Brunone peter at brunone.com
Tue Sep 3 10:53:50 CDT 2002

Sabrina,

window.opener.frames.frameName.location.reload() should do the trick.  Just
climb the object model :)

    PHP is a server-side language, and as such shouldn't really matter at
all to your client-side Javascript.  You could use ASP, Cold Fusion,
Silverstream, or CGI Perl scripts, and your Javascript for the browser
wouldn't change.  You simply include it in the HTML portion of your page, or
if you want it to be dynamic, have the server-side code write it out... just
like it would write out database fields or other dynamic content.

    The resources page of this listserve -- at
http://mountaindragon.com/javascript/resources.htm -- has a lot of excellent
material for learning to use Javascript, including some browser-specific
(and cross-browser) DHTML references.

Cheers,

Peter