[Javascript] Javascript and forms

Christopher J. Crane ccrane at inxdesign.com
Mon Sep 16 18:00:27 CDT 2002

I want to create a popup from a link. That part is simple...

I want the URL of the popup to contain variables from a set of form fields.

For instance, I want to popup a window when the submit button is pressed to go to http://my-server.com/image.php
I want to add the following variables to the end from the 4 form fields that are contained within the form. Not all of the 4 form fields will contain data all the time. The end result should look something like this:

 http://my-server.com/image.php?sym=ikn&A=ibm&B=xrx&C=danky&D=rhat

I would like the usual options when the popup is created, no scrollbars, a certain size and no address bar, no status bar ect.... The part I am stuck on is getting JavaScript to write the variables from the form to the end of the URL as it is shown above.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help me with this.