[Javascript] Control IE "text size"

Josiah Gordon jgordon at directfile.com
Tue Sep 24 12:28:59 CDT 2002

<<<
I agree in theory, but have to say that this line:

"...will only break when IE changes to the correct implementation"

is rather naive. When has Microsoft ever changed to the correct
implementation of anything?

IE version 7.0 beta :-)

When I last checked, MS IE used a compliant implementation of CSS text size.
I haven't kept up on the betas, but I would guess that they will grudgingly
correct their CSS in the final release.

If you have tried reading Arial 8pt on a UXGA+ laptop screen (1600x1200) you
know that IE's current implementation of CSS text size is flawed. 8pt text
at that resolution is like reading a car loan contract -- the real font size
is 3-4pt. Resolutions are only going to increase in the future...

--Josiah Gordon