[Javascript] Passive,Javascript-callable,in-line(PHP)codereferences wit

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 8 17:08:30 CDT 2003

>I've missed most of this thread, but have you looked at Brent Ashley's
>
>http://ashleyit.com/rs/jsrs/select/php/select.php  for his remote
>scripting,
>allowing Javascript routines to access server side functions and return
>values to the client without refreshing the page.
>
>I found it too complicated for me, I can get a similar but not as
>sophisticated effect using a hidden frame.

This script also uses a hidden iframe, but it dynamically writes it into the
page. Otherwise it's, sorry to say so, typically server-side-programmer's
JavaScript: far too much code for a not so very complicated effect.

But it does what you want, no doubt about that.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interaction, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/