[Javascript] Re: Re: Re: Is this right Javascript?

Michael Dougherty Michael_Dougherty at PBP.com
Wed Apr 9 12:41:15 CDT 2003

"possible to do that in javascript or it was just crazy-programming"

In some cases, they're the same thing <g>

When i first started using javascript i was convinced it made no sense, was
arbitrarily strict about case, and generally backwards to all the VBscript
and VFP coding i'd done previously.  Now that i've been using it for a
while, i realize that all those initial observations are true - but i've
gotten comfortable with the power and flexibility of the javascript
object/event model.

I had to do some work in ASP/VBscript- and started complaining about how
much easier some of the javascript constructs are to use...

  I wonder if multi-lingual speakers have the same kinds of problems talking
as multi-lingual developers have writing mixed language applications.
(what's the syntax for a comment again?  //, /* */, ', --, *, && )

-----Original Message-----
From: javascript at LaTech.edu [mailto:javascript at LaTech.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2003 1:27 PM
To: javascript at latech.edu
Subject: [Javascript] Re: Re: Re: Is this right Javascript?

Hi Dave,

This is just a code snippet I saw on a bigger script,
I wasn´t trying to understand what it does.

I just thought it was weird to have a function called
window.document.formulario.richtext.onkeydown();

I´m not a big expert on programming but I´ve never
seen a function with an event name. (that *supposebly*
does the same as having a function called by an
onkeydown event on a form element - and that is *my*
supposition! I just wanted to know if it was right)

I wanted to know if it was possible to do that in
javascript or it was just crazy-programming :)

Sorry for not being too clear :)
And thanks for your help!
Sabrina