[Javascript] Re: Re: Is this right Javascript?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Wed Apr 9 12:56:01 CDT 2003

Rodney Myers wrote:
> Test file:

> <form name="Test1">
> <textarea onkeydown="alert('hello')"></textarea>
> </form>
>
> This did NOT work in these browsers under WIndows XP
>
> Netscape 4.6
> Netscape 7.02
> Explorer 6.0
> Opera 7

But that exact file worked fine under Windows 2000 on

IE 5.5
NS 4.78
Moz 1.3b
Opera 7

> Since I am unfamiliar with this onkeydown event I suspect I have missed
> something vital.

Sounds like *something's* wrong there; BTW, the 'onkeydown' event
handler (no CamelCasing!) is listed in my 1997 copy of the Netscape
JavaScript 1.2 Programmer's Reference, so it's not exactly a new
thing :-)

FWIW!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.