[Javascript] Re: Is this right Javascript?

Andrew Gibson andyg at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 9 20:50:32 CDT 2003

It would be an enhancement if all the other non ie browsers went out of
existence quite frankly. I'd guess that none have the same sort of
sophistication as MSIE. Think of all the rich features on sites we're
missing out on because we have to cater for all...and most coders don't do
that anyway, only the top 2 IE and NS. Not only that, I suspect the
development of IE is hindered because they're not sure how supportive coders
are.

> Anything which isn't in an international standards document and is
proprietary
> to one vendor/development tree is "bastardized" to my way of thinking.
>
> "onkeydown" and a number of other useful events do indeed work in
late-model
> Netscape/Mozilla derivations, but so do the 'standards' defined by the
HTML4.0