[Javascript]Passive,Javascript-callable,in-line(PHP)codereferenceswit

David Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Sat Apr 12 16:47:19 CDT 2003

... On checking the revision history of my original test version of Netscape
4.75, I discovered it was a highly tweaked version of Netscape 4.75 --
actually a beta for 6.0, so my test didn't really distinguish between the
two.  Even so, I should have added that although the Netscape packages
"accepted" the code I outlined, this only meant that it didn't generate
syntax or run-time errors -- not that it worked as intended!

While we're bashing Netscape --

One of the other items that I don't like about Netscape is that it jiggers
in about an extra three or four 'px' on the baseline offset for the text for
buttons, etc., meaning that the boundary box has to be enlarged accordingly
to avoid cropping.  Not lethal, but annoying.

-- Dave Lovering

> ? Netscape 4 doesn't support <IFRAME> at all, and I don't have
> a copy of Netscape 6 any longer, but this simplified version of
> your example works fine in Moz 1.3b/Win as well as IE 5.5. Does
> not seem to work at all in Opera, not much surprise there, but
> I didn't spend much time on it, either.

<snip...>