[Javascript] Signed Scripts vis-a-vis Javascript

David T. Lovering dlovering at gazos.com
Sun Apr 13 11:55:38 CDT 2003

Does anyone have a method for signing scripts that does not rely on the Java (.jar) method, but rather uses some analog in JavaScript?  The literature on the subject of signed scripts is a bit nebulous on the back-end methods required for recognition of
"signage".  Both the standard IE and Netscape literature include Java examples, but don't explicitly say that this is the ONLY technique.  Since I'd like to be able to generate signed scripts on the fly (using JavaScript), and can't count on having a
fully-sussed JVM engine on both sides (server and client), this might be rather useful.  However, I do realize that security issues might make this a pipe-dream.

-- Dave Lovering