[Javascript] Question regarding Netscape

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 01:17:27 CDT 2003

>With all due respect, "onLoad" doesn't quite cut it on multiframe,
>ultra-humongous items.

Cross-frame onloads are indeed tricky.

If you need to know whether all frames are loaded, add an onload to the
document in each of them that notifies a central function residing in the
frameset. When this function has heard from each of the frames, all pages
are ready for manipulation.

>Mind you, I'd LOVE to be proven wrong on this ... particularly if the
>problem was due to some bizarro consequence of my earlier funky coding
>eccentricities.  [But I don't think it is].  Also,
>even if the objects are "loaded", is this the same as being "complete"?  I
>have no idea.

I don't understand the difficulty. onLoad, all elements in a page are
accessible and changeable through the DOM. That's enough, isn't it?

ppk